Saturday, April 14, 2012

American Idol-Somebody That I Used To Know

I had always been a big American Idol fan since season one with Kelly Clarkson, that was back in 2002, when I was still in junior high school. I got into it every season, but once Simon left, I lost interest. It was no longer as funny without his brutal, constructive criticism, sarcasm and insults. I honestly have not watched it since he left, until this season caught my attention. I had no interest in watching American Idol this season I didn't even watch the auditions like I used to, I had no idea who anyone was or their story. My father actually had it taped on the DVR and suggested I watched this weeks past episode. I am now going to continue watching the rest of the season, even if its on DVR, I'm hooked. 

American Idol is in its 7th Season. This past week they had to sing duets with another contestant. Elise and Philip, sang "Somebody that I used to know" by Gotye feat.Kimbra. I have heard the song a few times on the radio here and there and the song definitely had a catchy tune. Everyone has been through a break up in their life, some more than others. We all have heard the line "we'll still be friends" even though we all know that's not possible. This song is about two people who had recently broke up and each other their feelings of their memories and the break up. The guy of course remembers when they were once happy in the past and the girl remembers how he screwed her over and she blamed herself...I'm sure we have ALL been there.

I posted the video from this past weeks American Idol episode with Elise and Philip and I also posted the official video from Gotye and Kimbra...the performance video from American Idol is done a little differently than the official video (There is also a link to the lyrics of the song if you would like to follow along) - - - So take a listen and let me know what you think. 

-Gina 
                            


Lyrics for Somebody That I Used to Know

2 comments:

  1. I think the American Idol contestants did a really good job of this song. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome cover!! I am sad to say that I have not been keeping up with my one of my favorite shows, "American Idol." So, thank you for the post. I love the way they sang this song =)

    - Jeana

    ReplyDelete