Saturday, April 21, 2012

Linkin Park-Honda Civic Tour

I have always been a HUGE Linkin Park fan. I went to their Project Revolution tour that came to Jones Beach 2 years in a row and stayed the entire time from 12pm when the doors opened until midnight. I remember I had to be like 14 the first time I had went and I wasn't allowed to be there all day and night by myself so my dad came with me and my friend and dragged his friend with him...I failed to tell them that it was a 12hr concert, needless to say he was not very thrilled to find out that Linkin Park didn't actually start playing until 9pm. 

For those of you that do not know of Linkin Park or are not big fans, I advise you to give them a chance. All of their songs have deep meaning to them and many of them helped me get through a lot of tough times while growing up. Their songs made me feel like I wasn't alone, that I wasn't the only one going through hard times and that many other people are going through worse situations. They are a mixture of rock and rap and I have not heard one song that I did not like but I do have a few favorites that I have posted below, hopefully you'll like them also and I can create a few new LP fans. :)

Last summer Blink 182 came to the Jones Beach theater for their Honda Civic tour. This year Linkin Park is doing a Honda Civic tour. Tickets go on sale this Monday at 10AM for the Honda Civic Tour, featuring Linkin Park and Incubus. However, I'm very upset that LP is not coming back to New York this year. I've been waiting for another LP concert to come here for a few years now. The tour is going to CT,NJ,VA,CO,CA and TX but not New York. I would have LOVED to see this concert at the Red Rocks Amphitheater in Colorado but I'm going to be there in July and they're going to be there in August. Connecticut is way too expensive because its going to be at Mohegan Sun but NJ might be a possibility.

So my song for you guys is perfect for the end of this assignment. "In The End" I'm also going to post a few of my other favorites because I've been listening to them all day since I found out that tickets were going on sale this week for their tour. LP is always playing on my iPod, especially at the gym or driving to the beach because it reminds me of their concerts. Hopefully, they'll be back to NY again sometime soon, but I will travel anywhere for them because they're my favorite band, always have been, always will be.

Anyone else a big LP fan? Leave some comments and thanks for reading our blogs, I hope that we were able to give you a better insight to different types of music, give you a new favorite or allow you to reminisce through the past of old favorites.
-Gina



2 comments:

  1. I like LP, not enough to go to a concert, but i think theyre a solid group. Maybe ill check out this honda civic tour with them, who knows.

    -CI

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of Linkin Park, as in I have heard the name, but never really heard their songs, well maybe the melody of one song, but definitely not the words. I just watched these videos and fell attached to it. I really like the messages that are sent from them. I am going to go check out there tour dates, especially for the one in New Jersey.
    -Carissa :)

    ReplyDelete