Tuesday, April 10, 2012

One Tree Hill's Music Star; Gavin DeGraw

For those "One Tree Hill" fans out there, I am positive that you caught last week's series finale. To be perfectly honest, the final episode was ok. I was not on the edge of my seat, and I almost fell asleep. To be able to wrap up nine nail biting episodes filled with story lines I could not wait to see, seemed impossible. And even though the commercials fooled viewers by saying it was a two hour series finale, the first hour consisted of a interesting documentary-style episode. It was filled with commentary by the shows creator and the familiar faces that I have been used to seeing hanging out at the popular River Court. And when it came to music, the producers really knew what they were doing.  Bands such as Jimmy Eat World, Nada Surf and Jack's Mannequinn have lended their musical talent to certain episodes of "One Tree Hill." The main musical inspiration was, one of my favorite artists, Gavin DeGraw. The opening credits feature DeGraw's song titled "I Don't Want To Be." After watching the documentary, I learned that, by having his song on "One Tree Hill," Gavin DeGraw became an overnight sensation. His album. titled "Chariot," became the new favorite of "One Tree Hill" fans everywhere. To hear that Gavin DeGraw was able to launch his career on this show is awesome. I believe that certain artists are not given the recognition they deserve. To say I am extremely glad that Gavin DeGraw was recognized for his great talent is an understatement. I have all his albums and I was also able to see him live last December, where he played a fantastic show. He also made a few appearances on the "One Tree Hill" as well, playing himself, and was, of course, featured in the series finale.

Check out the song that made him a star, "I Don't Want To Be."
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETt65SA31-w

- Jeana

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post. I have not followed the "One Tree HIll" episodes, but find it interesting about how just because a song was on there made someone well known. It makes sense by all means though. -Carissa

    ReplyDelete