Thursday, April 5, 2012

Is Anybody Out there? K'NAAN (Feet. Nelly Furtado)

                                      


"Is Anybody Out There?" came out in January 2012.  When I discovered this song a couple of weeks ago it caught my attention, but I did not quite understand it immediately.  I did not understand what it was that was specifically meant.  After listening to it carefully, and then listening to the song with lyrics written, the message became clearer to me.  This song is about those who feel alone and invisible, and don’t want to feel that way.  The reasons that they feel like that can vary; one never knows what goes on in their life.  The boy Adam in the video has a father who never looks at him.  In order to feel something drugs are sometimes used in a negative way.  When these people are trying to find themselves, and grow, others might think they just don’t care; however, they are working hard at becoming themselves. 

This song is meaningful, and like other songs that I enjoy, a story and message is expressed.  This song opened my eyes to an objective view of how people who seem like they don’t care might really be going through something and can use that shoulder to lean on. 

Listen to the song, both the lyrics and official music video version.  What does this song express to you?


-Carissa



8 comments:

  1. You should look into K'Naan and Nas thats also another good video/song.
    XC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just watched the video, it gives an interesting, thoughtful message. Thank you for sharing that. -Carissa

      Delete
  2. I've been listening to this song on repeat for the past few weeks I really like the message in it.
    -Kerrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear you have the same feeling towards the song and that I am not the only one listening to it often -Carissa

      Delete
  3. I recently heard this song on the radio and I knew right away that it was Nelly Fertado. I always liked her songs and I agree that this one definitely stood out. You never know what other people are going through in their own lives that reflect how they express themselves. Some can seem perfectly normal and others stand out bc theyre different yet both people could come from broken homes and ready to crack, all they need is someone to lean on and open up to. This truly is a great song. Good Choice Carissa.

    :) -Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this song and just downloaded it for my ipod.

    ReplyDelete