Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Old Favorite: "Third Eye Blind"

Usually, when I turn on the radio, I hear the same songs that, in my opinion, the radio stations are overplaying. The songs that are considered the "chart toppers" or the song that just came out are, yes, the ones that the radio feels are necessary to play so many times, your ears want to bleed. I can honestly say that I do like the some of the new music that comes out, but what I totally love is when radio stations play songs that I used love back in the day. When I was younger, I remember hearing the songs "Semi-Charmed Life" "Jumper" and "How's It Going To Be" on the radio. These songs, who are performed by the great band by the name of "Third Eye Blind," were the songs that were my favorite on the radio. And as the years went on, the songs faded into the past and were not on the radio as much, if at all. The other day, however, I was extremely excited to hear that one of these songs, "How's It Going To Be" specifically, was playing on the radio!! I know that, yes, I could just plug my IPhone into my car and play the song, but the fact that the radio is playing it again (on occasion of course) is pretty awesome. It's nice to know that some songs people may have viewed as "one-hit wonders" are still being appreciated to some extent. And to those who have no idea who this band is, chances are, you will once you hear them. For most, they are the artists whose songs you have heard, but you have never knew the names of their songs (unless they have been pointed out, like now).
Below, I included a link below to one of my favorite "Third Eye Blind" songs: "Semi-Charmed Life."

"Semi-Charmed Life"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC1NR7AL_9s

- Jeana

1 comment: